Since yesterday I wrote about a road in Nottingham and claim for personal injury Nottingham, I thought I’d take a look at the city and wrote about. So here are ten facts about Nottingham.
- is located in the East Midlands and covers an area measuring 28.81 square metres.
- contains Sherwood Forest, which features the Major Oak; the proposed hideout of Robin Hood.
- the legend of Robin Hood tells of how the outlaw robbed from the rich to give to the poor and he is said to have lived in Sherwood Forest.
- Football Club is the world’s oldest professional club since it was formed in 1862.
- was officially titled the City of Nottingham in 1897 due to the celebrations of Queen Victoria for her Diamond Jubilee.
- has 3 premium heritage sites consisting of Nottingham Castle, Wollaton Hall and Newstead Abbey.
- has the fifth largest shopping population in the country.
- the legend of Robin Hood helps bring in around 300,00 visitors per year from overseas.
- has given us many famous people including actress Su Pollard, radio presenter MistaJam and footballers Darren Huckerby and Andy Cole.
- holds the honour of being the birthplace of both Boots the chemist and Raleigh cycles.