Thursday 23 February 2012

Weird, Strange and Humorous Personal Injury Claims

There are many different kinds of personal injury claims that range in commonness. If you take a look across the pond though to America there are some very weird and surprising claims. Here is a look at some of the strangest that I hope wouldn’t be seen as a claim for personal injury in Nottingham.

A heavily overweight boy took out a claim against a very well know fast food restaurant because he wasn’t aware that eating a huge amount of burgers would leave him, well, huge! Apparently some people need to be personally told that eating large quantities of burgers is damaging to your health.

How about the motorist who claimed he was "going to work at 7am this morning [when] I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early."

Only in America could a man put his camper van in cruise control whilst travelling at 70mph and go to make a cup of coffee in the back, and then when he crashed make a personal injury claim. He wasn’t aware that cruise control didn’t allow the vehicle to steer itself around corners!

Now this one is strange. A nudist made a claim after attempting a ‘firewalk’ whilst naked and his delicate parts became a bit more delicate. Who would have thought that exposed skin would get hot when near flames?

Finally, here are some other real examples of answers put down on insurance claim forms; “I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought”, “Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have” and  my personal favourite “I didn't think the speed limit applied after midnight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment