Have you ever suffered an accident at work? Well have a look at this list of NHS claims that have happened that have cost over £20million in a year.
- £1,650 after a nurse got a blister caused by serving mashed potato to a patient
- £2,750 for a back injury from slipping on a toffee wrapper
- £2,556 for injuries from walking into a door
- £6,500 for a bruise sustained in a fall
- £10,000 for a twisted ankle after a fall on a step
- £10,000 after a worker got a cut finger from fitting a light bulb
- £2,775 after a member of staff hurt their shoulder throwing litter into a bin
- £5,000 for a cut to the thumb sustained when taking meals off a trolley
- £2,500 for ‘tennis elbow’ which was claimed for as being caused by repetitive movement
Whilst the extent of the different personal injury claims aren't given, it’s safe to say a bruise isn’t worth £6,500!